Tuesday, May 16, 2006

One Day, One Night...


Friday and Saturday of last week I got to experience a hectic but fabulous break! I boarded the Dawn Princess for her short journey from Vancouver to Seattle. I was on the boat for less than 24 hours but it was well worth the adventure. Never experiencing a cruise ship before I was definitely surprised by the grandeur and service of it all. Next time I will make time for some pool-side relaxation, and perhaps change the destination to the Caribbean, not Seattle! The two days on the boat were beautiful, even including a full moon. I was happy to return home on Saturday to the kids with all their Mother's Day energy and surprises. And just to make you laugh I will include this: After church on Sunday Christine and I decided to spend the day with all five kids and make a day of it. We went to lunch and then, waiting for the movie to start, ended up at the park. A park with a tire swing... round and round Jack went until he got off looking quite sweaty and pale. I picked him up just in time for the launch, projectile vomiting three times. When I finally got him comforted and clean he was still crying. I asked him what was wrong? "I just hate it when I puke on Mother's Day." he replied.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with Jack! Hate that.

Anonymous said...

I think I may have to join you on that next cruise to the Bahamas!

Yeah, puking on your Mother on Mother's Day . . . you can hardly top that! :o)

Josie said...

That sounds like so much fun and your blog looks great!