Monday, March 09, 2009

We have landed...

At the place we will refer to from now on as the "love nest".  I will call our house a nest because in my mind a nest reminds me of someplace cozy and small.  And cozy it is and small for sure. I got some good advise from Christine, "if you feel your world is small, just look outside!" and that is what I will do. And when one moves to the lake... well....

 One (rather two ones) must take out the canoe despite the frigid nip in the air. 

And the love part: True love must be painting nearly two entire houses for me in less than one year. Joe lovingly painted close to this whole house making it feel so much more like home. We spent all of Sunday just getting everything off the floors and onto the walls. Who knew all my rusty buckets, minnow cans and reeds I have had for years would find there true destiny at this little Lake House.  

And today snow, lots of it. I could not even make it home from work at noon. I have to agree with Ethan. "It feels like Narnia, like it's been winter for 1000 years!" 
So if you ever find yourself in our neighborhood, please stop by. I would love to see you. 


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Amy...this looks like the place next door to the house we rented at 9 Partridge Circle! We were there for a year while our house was being built. We watched as the house was being re-done. Is there a log house next door? We heard that Noreen and family sold the one we rented. It has 4 bedrooms, 2 upstairs and 2 downstairs...

Anonymous said...

I am quite a fan of small houses! Easier to keep clean, more (forced) family time together, and SO cozy! Amy, you have done an amazing job of making it your own!

Milliren 5 said...

Oh, Amy! You've definitely added your special touch to make this "love nest" a home. I know that it was hard for you to leave your other home. But, sometimes we have to do the things that are the hardest. Hang in there with all of the snow. Maybe find some Turkish Delight to share with the family.

Alliwoo said...

Small and quaint really puts it all into perspective for you...at least it has for me. We've been living in 1100sqft for the last seven months and are looking forward to the move into the cozy little home that we just bought. Its only 1900sqft, but it will feel like a mansion I'm sure after the small space we've been in. Its been so good for us to be in such small quarters these past few months!
Wishing you good memories and many cozy times together in your new home!

amy and mighty max said...

It looks just beautiful! :) I know you weren't too excited about moving so soon, but I wish you a smooth transition. I'm jealous about being on the water!

Anonymous said...

Amy, I am so jealous... If it's okay for me to say that! I have wanted to live on a lake... in a lake home since I was about 20 and I'm still dreaming! God knows the desire of our hearts... Yours and mine- Amen! Keep the Faith and trust him in all things... Love You- Terry, Sonja and Justin

Buhler family said...

Your place looks lovely. Can´t wait to have tea with you while the boys fish. However, I can´t say I want to get back to snow, we kind of enjoyed sandboarding!